Click or Call
Use this site to start your application process.
Call 2-1-1 (833-342-5211) for additional assistance.
Check your eligibility and priority status by confirming the following:
1. Zip Code
2. Answering Yes to the following:
• Confirm your annual household income is at or below 80% of the Area Median Income
• Have experienced a reduction in income due to COVID-19
• Are at risk of housing instability or eviction
Renter eligibility submission will be reviewed, verified, and prioritized based on the following:
• Renters whose household income is less than 50% Area Median Income (AMI)
• Renters whose household income is less than 80% AMI and have been unemployed for 90 consecutive days prior to submitting an application
• Renters whose household income is greater than 50% but less than 80% AMI
Receive Application Packet
Depending on eligibility verification and priority status, renter will be sent the Placer County rental assistance application packet directly via email.
Renter gathers the necessary paperwork to complete the application:
• Proof you live in Placer County
• Proof you are at risk of housing instability or eviction
• Proof you lost income due to COVID-19
• Proof you are income eligible
• Past due or current utility bill, may include natural gas and propane, electricity, garbage, water, and sewer bills (If you are applying for utility assistance only)
Submit Completed Application
Renter follows application submission steps as directed, ensuring all necessary documents from the tenants, landlord and utility companies are complete for the Placer County Rental Assistance Program to successfully process the application.
Notification of Award
Renter and landlord/utility notified of award (if approved).
Disbursement of Funds
Disbursement of funds to landlord/utility.